RSS Feed

About Me

My name is Katelyn and I am a Grade 3/4 teacher at a large school in Sunbury, Victoria, Australia. This is my fourth year teaching and I have taught 5/6 every year until now.

This year, I am teaching a new year level. Previously, I taught 5/6 where we had a 1:1 netbook program so integration of technology was fairly easy. Access to devices can be restrictive as we have a pod of 30 netbooks that need to be shared across the team (7 classes). I have experimented (with varied success) with many technology learning tools in the classroom, such as Edmodo, Skype, Global2 blogs & Twitter.

I am passionate about technology integration in the classroom and am always up for trying new things. I am attempting to go paperless in my classroom, using Evernote for anecdotal notes. I also love mentoring pre-service teachers as their passion for education often inspires me to do better in my own classroom.

I like writing posts on my personal blog because it gives me a chance to reflect honestly. I quite often think that no one will read what I write because I don’t have anything to say that is new or groundbreaking. But I’ve come to terms with that and I think that’s fine. And apparently, what is obvious to you could be amazing to others!

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings. Feel free to begin a conversation through commenting anytime. I am also contactable at the following places:

Twitter: @hellokaddy1
Gmail: katelynfraser8@gmail.com
Google+: google.com/+KatelynFraser

»