RSS Feed

Catching Up

January 1, 2016 by Mrs Hurley   

Dear Reader,

Forgive me, it’s been (approx.) 6 months since my last post. What have I been doing in that time?

Surviving.

Reviving.

Relaxing.

I have been absent from social media (other than my personal Facebook page) for many reasons. Firstly, this past year I’ve felt more stretched for time than normal. My time and energy were spent on my classroom and the individuals that required constant attention in there. I’ve also taken on more responsibilities at my school and have been leading a curriculum team for the first time. The classroom has well and truly drained me this year though. It’s funny how different a new group of kids / combination of personalities are from previous classes.

Personally, I’ve also spent a fair chunk of time planning my upcoming wedding (Yay!)

I’m sure I’ve said this before (in fact, probably as a New Years resolution from last year?) but I am aiming to publish more posts this year and take the time to reflect on stuff that is working or not. Classroom blogs themselves are going to be reinvigorated at school this year so I will (hopefully) be reigniting my passion with blogs and all of the wonderful possibilities.

I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas, New Years and Summer break. I look forward to learning with you again this year.

1 Comment »

1. Brette Lockyer says:

Congratulations on the wedding-bit. That explains the ‘Hurley’ on your new class blog. I like the goal of reinvigorating blogging, and I have the same goal this year. I wonder how we can plan to reinvigorate together, when the going gets tough this year?
    Cheers
    Brette