Inspired by Alex Semmens (@AlexSemm) and the #EduBucketList, I’ve decided to create my own bucket list for “education stuff I want to do before I retire” So, here is a list of goals that I want to achieve before I retire. I have no doubt I will change my mind on a couple of these goals by the end of the year or next year!
- Attend ISTE Conference – International Society for Technology in Education. These conferences are held annually in the USA and I’m always jealous of those who have attended. I follow the Twitter hashtag (#ISTE2014 or #ISTE14) which helps alleviate my envy a little because it feels like I’m there. This is the conference that has inspired both mine and Alex Semmens’ #EduBucketList
- Attend a Google Apps for Education Summit – I came oh-so-close to attending a Summit this year. I actually attended a Boot Camp for Google Apps with the idea of taking my exams and hopefully becoming accepted as a Google Trainer. Attending a Summit (from what I’ve heard) is an amazing experience and the exposure to the possibilities of using GAfE in schools is incomparable to anything that can be found on the internet.
- Complete GAFE exams and become a Google Educator. Create video, get accepted as Google Trainer!
- Attend a DLTV conference (formerly ICTEV) either as an attendee or a presenter…
- Become a team leader
- Become an eLearning leader and coach staff in my school (either still working in the classroom or just part-time)
- Make my name known in Education circles
- Present at a conference
- Complete my Masters in Education
- Continue blogging with students
- Keep learning and keep changing my practice to best suit my students
I think because I am still an Early Careers Teacher, I should have much, much more on my list!
I guess I can’t really add any other conference opportunities or anything because I’m not entirely sure what is still out there!